Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Leadership in America

With wicked memories of yesterdays, one can only wish to produce what is in their minds. To really describe what is in your head for some reason is forbidden in today’s society. Why must we shackle ourselves to the notion that we must keep what we are truly thinking, to ourselves? How does that promote truth and honor in today’s society?

While walking down the gray cracked sidewalk I really take a good look at my surroundings. Why am I here? I ask this question to myself everyday. Thinking back to the first day that I came here and walking down this same crack ridden sidewalk. Still stuck here, I think to myself. A lot of self realization comes with that statement. A sort of vote of truth if you will. It is strange to think that being in a town could feel like being stuck in a prison. Moving here 5 years ago to get away and start a new. Only wishing now to go back to what I know and call my home. It isn’t that bad to a certain extent. It’s just that the town of ________ doesn’t offer up much in the sense of where will you take your life. I don’t want to live like these people. They all look so complacent. I would rather have a goal, an ambitious project. A light at the end of the tunnel to where I can obtain more things. I may only be 23, but I have dreams and wants in life. The problem is, that everyone seems to be trying to hold me back from what I know I can achieve. Is it the way I dress? Are my eyes to brown for you? Is being 6’5’’ to tall? I think the real question is, should it matter. We spend the majority of our lives, planning, preparing, looking for the next opportunity. To what? Get it shoved back in our faces. I always ask myself, am I good enough? Maybe I really should be asking, are they?

Who do I mean when I say “they”? Our leaders. I’m not talking about government. I mean my boss, your boss, your bosses boss. Ever notice that directly above you everyone is happy. Everyone above the servers, the garbage men, the delivery drivers, the cashiers. All the snow shovelers, the miners, the laborers. The ones that work for what they need and not what they want. I look at who I deal with everyday, and it seems pretty clear to me that they have forgotten what it is like to work for what you need. I have the job I have to start a career. Not to get another job. And look what happens, a year later here I am, no light at the end of the tunnel, just another shit job to take up my time. I feel sorry, for the people who go above and beyond and don’t get any recognition. I feel sorry for the people who’s bosses give them a pat on the back then bury them for a human mistake. But most of all, I feel sorry for the bosses. And their smug attitudes, happy families. Not a care in the world. They have forgotten what it is like to be stuck in the middle. Stuck between unemployed and going nowhere. I have put to much of my time and energy into something that just got kicked in my face. And so has everybody else. Respect? Pride? Honor? Where did that go? Why don’t people get what they deserve. I work with pieces of shit. That do absolutely nothing. Why do they still have jobs? Because they have been their for 20 years. Good for them.. Way to go. But when I get in trouble for their lazy mistakes, and I have to take the whipping for their incompetence I have a small issue with that.

I have had enough. I no longer want to take this. What is going to happen in 10 years when they are gone? No longer managers? No longer on the board, in the driver seat. How can they expect us to want to do anything? Or try to? I have seen them break the spirits of hundreds. People say that’s life. That’s life? To tell people they aren’t good enough? To put them down when they do bad and do nothing when they do good? Maybe it’s our generations teachers fault’s when they said we could do anything. I am not prepared to sit and take this kind of work environment. Fuck that, they can find someone else. And they will. Because that is what today’s workplace has turned into. A bunch of replaceable drones managed by a bunch of egotistical, smug, greedy pricks who only have an agenda for bettering themselves.

And to them I say, “Go fuck yourselves”

No comments: