Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Loving Lament

  Why is it so often that people forget what is truly important.   I have sat back so long and have listened to how utterly horrible peoples lives are.  I’m surprised the suicide rate isn’t higher than it is.     Annie Dillard said, “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” (Annie Dillard (born April 30, 1945 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) is a Pulitzer Prize-winning American author, best known for her narrative nonfiction. She has also published two novels, poetry, essays, literary criticism, and memoir)

   Let’s think about this more clearly.  I can honestly say that I know people who when I talk to them, 70% of what they are saying is a negetive about their own life.  Don’t get me wrong, I complain.  Sometimes a lot.  But it seems that people get into the “life debate” and it gets on my nerves.  Everyone is entitled to their own feelings and emotions.  Correct?  Well, when I feel the need to share mine, the last thing I want is for whatever it is I am talking about to be “one upped”.  That is the most rediculous thing I have ever come across.  The reason I bring this quote into it is do these people who do this really spend their lives one upping people?  It is getting to be quite annoying.  There are people who I don’t answer the phone for because of it.  I know other people who don’t answer their phones because of it. 

  Its almost like it is a competition to see who can have the more miserable life.  I am trying so damn hard to improve upon my life.  So hard, and yes, I fall into hard times once in awhile.  But I just cannot understand how people can be in such a horrible rotten place all the time.  I can play the one up game.  I have been in some places that people cant describe.  But I came out of it.  Thankfully.  I think what it comes down to is the amount of those people with negative lives who actually try to do something about it. 

   I hear you! I hear your pain, your misery. I feel for you.  But if you want to continue to receive my sympathy you need to try.  Put the boxing gloves on.  Punch life in the mouth.  I’ll be more than willing to listen to how life keeps getting up after you punch it.  I’ll probably even be more than happy to punch it with you (I have lots of practice).  But if you cant help yourself, then I don’t know what to tell you.  I can only do so much.   Unfortunatly, I see both sides of this.  I see the “Johnny Rainclouds” and I see the “Lovers of Lament”.  It’s to bad that the lovers don’t get an umbrella.  Hopefully reading this will inspire them to go out and get an umbrella soon. 

   They always say that anger spreads sadness is like a plague.  Well, I’m sick of having to battle it off.  I have been an angry person for to long.  Way to long.. I’m sick of it.  I want to love, be happy and smile. 

And that is exactly what  I plan on doing.

   WATCH OUT NOW!  This guy has his umbrella.

No comments: